Submissions for 2020 parade now open
Many thanks to all parade participants in the 2019 St. Patrick’s Day Parade. It was clear we all enjoyed the wonderful parade that started and and ended at the Brisbane Botanic Gardens. We are now accepting nominations for the 2020 parade on Saturday 14th March 10:30am – 11:30am. It is very exciting to be able to celebrate our 31st consecutive St Patrick’s Day Parade here in Brisbane. Spaces are limited but we try our best to accommodate all who want to join in on the fun! We encourage all participants to be as creative and festive as possible – the bigger and brighter the better.
The most impressive float, decided by the committee members and dignitaries on the day, will be awarded “The Jan Dooley St. Patrick’s Day Parade Best Float Award” for the most outstanding float on show.
Please take note of the vehicle safety guidelines that must followed:
- Please follow the marshals instructions closely.
- Participants on the back of a truck or ute need to be enclosed with a railing above waste height. If the truck or ute does not have an adequate railing, participants need to sit. Participants are not allowed sit on the edge of a flat bed ute, they are to sit in the middle.
- All minors are to be accompanied by an adult on a float but would prefer there were no minors for safety reasons.
- No activities such as dancing or jumping about on the back of trucks or utes is allowed.
- If your vehicle is deemed unfit or unsafe for the parade, you may be prevented from participating. Marshalls will inspect your float before proceeding.
The Jan Dooley St. Patrick’s Day Parade Best Float Award
The best float takes home “Jan Dooley St. Patrick’s Day Parade Best Float Award”! In 2019 the Queensland Irish Dance Association won with the The QIA Pipe Band winning in 2018. We look forward to see who will be the most outstanding in 2020.